Water aeration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dexrop

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, well as you can see I'm new here and I just have a few questions to ask.

1. I have a cascade filter so I was wondering if the water is getting aerated even though i don't see any bubbles produced when it breaks the surface?

2. I just got my first fish (fancy guppy) and it seems to be scared of me its always hiding when I'm around. Is this because hes still new and needs to get used to the environment or is it something serious?

3. I know the general rule of thumb is 1 in. of fish per gallon but are there exceptions for different types of fish (i.e. guppies) and if so how many could I comfortably fit in my 5 gallon tank.

Thanks

1 just point the output towards the surface so it can make some ripples.
2 they just take time to get used to the tank. once they figure out you = food they will be begging like crazy.
3 the inch per gallon is a myth in most cases its wrong. i would put 4 maybe 5 males in the 5 gallon.

1 just point the output towards the surface so it can make some ripples.
2 they just take time to get used to the tank. once they figure out you = food they will be begging like crazy.
3 the inch per gallon is a myth in most cases its wrong. i would put 4 maybe 5 males in the 5 gallon.

**** that was fast I think I'm going to like it here.Thanks I didn't think there was anything to worry about but its nice to know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom