Where did the nitrite go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deacon22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

Quick question, after three days of ammonia around .5 and nitrite around .25, and no nitrates, the tank now tests at 0,0 and 0.

IS this normal or did something happen? I just finished the second week of fish in cycle for a 20 gallon.

Hey all,

Quick question, after three days of ammonia around .5 and nitrite around .25, and no nitrates, the tank now tests at 0,0 and 0.

IS this normal or did something happen? I just finished the second week of fish in cycle for a 20 gallon.

What is your Ph? How often are you doing water changes & how big are they? I had two tanks fish IN cycling a the same time, a 10g & a 46g, the 10g took 8 wks, the 46g about 6 wks. Did you use any bacterial booster? Did you do anything with the filter recently? Have you tested your tap water to see what your starting parameters are? I would keep testing the water daily, I doubt you have completed the cycling process.

Thanks Shellie=,

I reposted this question in Fish Cycle Again because it contained more information. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom