which filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulcm10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20g high and I plan on putting red cherry shrimps in it with bamboo and maybe some Celestial pearl danios or ember tetra as well.

but what filter should I get?
Aquaclear 30 or Aquaclear 50?

Form what I've heard bigger is almost always better unless you are keeping fish at don't like current.

Do you know what the gph is on those filters, I try to aim for 10x the vo,ume of your tank so your looking for around 150-200 gph.

The size of filter also depends on whether you intend on keeping messy fish or not. Hope this helps! :)

maximum output is 150 for aqua clear 30 but the aqua clear 50 has 200.

are celestial danio or ember tetra messy fish?
also i plan on keeping cherry shrimp so would that harm them if my filter is bigger?

Just wanted to say I like your stock :)

Tetras and danios aren't really messy fish but I'd still get the bigger filter if your willing to fork out the extra $. I have some ghost shrimp and they don't seem to be by my filter so they'd probably be fine.

So I'd get the bigger one if it were me but you'll probably be fine with either. Hope you like whatever you get.

I'd say go with the 50, wouldn't hurt. Tetras and shrimp should be fine.

I'd look on amazon though, if you haven't already, instead of the stores...they are much cheaper.

sorry i wasn't clear. I am thinking of going for the 50. I currently have the 30 but i will be returning it tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom