29gal tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok I have a 29gal tank in my bedroom and was going to put a few fish into it and have it in the bedroom. Like a few Perculas.. But it didnt seem big enough to me so I went and bought a 55gal... What should I do with the 29gal.. I was thinking like a seahorse tank or some sort of species tank... What would be totally awesome for the tank.. Its got just regular 20watt NO flouresent bulb and 11lbs of LR.. I need sugestions.. Its kinda hard cause I am gonna be sleeping with these things in my bedroom. As many opinions as possible please..

TIA,
JAmes

Would that lighting work.. I really dont want to have to upgrade that light in there.. I mean I look at my 55gal with the reef lighting and it lights my entire livingroom.. no need for lights in that room.. LOL and the bedroom 29gal lights seem extremely week for any sort of corals..

TIA,
James

Yes the are weak for that, hmm.. maybe a FO tank..? It can only handle 5 to 6 inches of fish anyway..

Would a Single Volation lion fair well in that tank by himself???? Or other ideas on Fish that are interesting..

They get up to 9 inches I believe, but would fair quite nicely for a good while if bought young... They are quite messy eaters so you would want to have good filtration on it...

hmm interesting.. And a dogface would get way too big for that tank correct.. I was thinking for my wife It scared her at the LFS she thought they cut the legs off a dog and threw him in a tank.. lol so she wants one

James

I too was thinking about seahorses for my wife and someone on this site referred me to www.seahorses.org. Anyway they say to keep a pair of seahorses in every 8 gallons and 10 gallon is as big as you want to go. So according to them a 29 might be to big.

Hope this helps.

Well I figured out what it is going to be.. Since my fish in my main tank came down with Ich it ended up being an emergency QT tank that I decided to treat with Hyposalinity due to the fact that I was going to use it for a sump possibly so I dont want to use copper in it.. I wanted to say thanks for The Ideas..

Link to post for my Sick fish please help
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=57836#57836

Thx again,
James

Back
Top Bottom