Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, that is very strange. And nothing was accidentally introduced into tank when you were getting sick clown out? No chemicals, perfumes, lotions, etc on anyone's hands? Nothing on the net you used to get him out? It seems very strange that so many would die in such a short time period when all were acting fine before that. That almost seems like something toxic was introduced into the water. You might want to do a good sized PWC just to be on the safe side. I hope your chromis hangs in there. And I hope your clown gets better soon.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl
Well, that is very strange. And nothing was accidentally introduced into tank when you were getting sick clown out? No chemicals, perfumes, lotions, etc on anyone's hands? Nothing on the net you used to get him out? It seems very strange that so many would die in such a short time period when all were acting fine before that. That almost seems like something toxic was introduced into the water. You might want to do a good sized PWC just to be on the safe side. I hope your chromis hangs in there. And I hope your clown gets better soon.
thanks ya im not sure what happened... nothing was introduced that i am aware of ... i was thinking maybe they were acclimated properly? i did it over 2 hours!!!! like 1 tbsp every 15 minutes... i duno what happened.... i feel bad they all died i dont know what i did... but im not adding anymore fish anytime soon.. im gonna get some live rock in there and put in a peppermint shrimp cuz ive still got aptasia.. (OHHHHH, i did use aptasia X in there?) maybe they ate some? it wasnt alot ..
either way.. no fish for me im gonna get some corals and live rock and hold off! thanks for your help and your well wishes

Old 11-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

The last of the fish died. My LFS said water is perfect .... Corals are doing fine... Seems like since I added two fish from LFS my tank went down hill. I'm going to go there and talk to them about it. The 2 fish were from another store, not my regular.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

OKAY!!!!!!! i never thought about this... i bought some dry base rock, the white fiji type rock,,, the LFS said rinse it under hot water, i did, put it in.... boom 24hrs later all my fish are dead. I called them they want a water sample... my water is perfect that is not the problem. But they dont guarantee anything... so they wont reimburse anything. IT HAD TO BE THAT ROCK! i removed it .. well see i guess

Tags
dead, dead fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com