Acans looking pretty bad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burks

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Recently I received some corals in the mail and the only damaged one was this Acan Echinata piece. The box had been dropped and I fear this Acan took the brunt of the force.

What can I do to keep this coral from loosing all tissue and dying completely? Any tips?

img_835716_0_e002c7984259442d8fd29fba1bf400d8.jpg

Thank you.

I`ve done it for a few of my corals but I`m not positive for this coral since I`ve never had one. But you take a bowl about a half gallon of SW tank water and put a cap of Kent`s Iodine in it and set the coral in it about 15-20 minutes. As I stated I dont know for sure if it will work for the acan. Maybe someone with experience can answer.

an Iodine dip would be a good idea, even if just to stop any type of infection going on with all of the tissue loss. you might want to think about fragging it to save the remaining tissue on it. a tile saw would be the best way to do it, but you could also do it with a good pair of side cutters.

I did an iodine dip today, 15 drops of Lugols in 1/2g of tank water. Let the coral sit for 15 minutes.

I'm going to try and frag it tomorrow.

if you need help fraggin it let me know, i can try to walk you through it on here if it would help.

Back
Top Bottom