Any chance of saving my snowflake clown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janky

Aquarium Advice Freak
The other night I unplugged my power strip to target feed my corals and I fell asleep before I remembered to plug it back in. Since my heater was on that strip and it's really cold in our place, the tanks temperature plummeted.

One of my clowns died while I was at work, but the other clown is really pale, pasty white. I've gotten the heat back up (slowly, over the course of the day) to about 75-76.

My pH is also 7.8 and I've had a hard time keeping it above (or at) 8.0

I did do a 25% water change this morning.
The other fish and corals seem ok.

Is there any chance of saving this little clown? My gf and I are pretty attached, and we're really sad that he's doing so poorly.
I feel like a jerk :(

What can we do??

Aw hopefully he makes it! Yes there is hope, you just need to make sure everything is bery stable for the next couple days/weeks and hopefully he should recover!

I feel like he has ich. He's spotty, like someone poured salt on him and he's really pasty white.
I mean, he's still the same goofy clown, flying around the tank with energy. He ate when I fed him.. and wasn't shy about it or lazy at all.

I turned the heater up a bit, so hopefully it'll help kill ich.
If I gradually get it up to about 80 that'll do it right?
(That's what worked on fw, not sure if sw is the same)

It won't help with marine ich. Hyposalinity or copper are the only two proven cures for marine ich. All fish need to be treated in qt with one of those methods and the main tank needs to be fishless for 8 weeks for the parasite to die. If your clown does have ich doesn't mean it's a death sentence. It's easily curable provided you treat it early. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom