Are these dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandyf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had a 2 gal pico? tank for about 6 months. I had a salinity spike recently that I think killed a Kenya tree and an anthelia but I'm not sure. I've fixed the salinity but I don't know if it's too late for these guys. The salinity was at 1.030. Its been at 1.023 for about a week but they don't look any better. Are they dead?

Attachments

• image-391894255.jpg
    image-391894255.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1912020860.jpg
    image-1912020860.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 115
They aren't dead, but they don't look happy and the anthellia is very bleached. Whatever that pink thing is on the left of the 2nd pic is also very bleached looking. I would raise your salinity up to 1.026 which is what the salinity is on the reefs where the corals come from. Salinity at 1.030 is not high enough to kill a coral unless it happened very fast.

Thanks for the responses! Wow. I was sure they were goners. Ok I'll get the salinity to the right level and hope they get better. Is there anything else I can/should do?

There's also a feather duster that I think is alive because there's some movement when I gently squeeze him but he hasn't come out in about 2 weeks. Is there anything I can do for him or just fix the salinity and wait? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom