Bleached birds nest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My birds nest just bleached out big time today while I was at school, I got out several days ago, and it was great until today, I have no idea what it could be, I just did a water test and everything was good, ph at 8, ammonia= 0, nitrite =0, nitrate= 0-5. Any advice would be appreciated here is a pic, can it regrow?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429132498433.jpg
    1429132498433.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 138
That is some pretty severe tissue loss there. Though recovery could be possible, if it happened so quickly I wouldn't expect that to occur.
How long have you had it? Did you acclimate it to your tank? How about the lighting? What is the lighting? How big is the tank?

I got it last Saturday, I did assimilate it to my tank, I tried to assimilate it to my lights, but I wasn't really sure what I was doing, it's a 29 gal and I have metal haloides

It sounds like it was shocked by the lighting. When acclimating to a light, similar to a drip acclimation, you slowly increase the lighting that hits the coral. One can do this by starting a coral out in the sandbed and then slowly working it up in the tank to the desired area. You can also accomplish this by using screens over the tank and then removing them one at a time.

What should I do now then? I moved it down to the sand bed already, because I read it could be getting too much light

Normally I would suggest fragging above the receding tissue or even using super glue over it in that area...but there is so much that these aren't options. Pristine and stable water conditions can lead to recovery, but I have never been able to have a birds nest recover when this occurs.

Its a goner... sorry mate

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom