Blind fox face rabbit fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What makes you think it is blind? I've seen fish with eyes problems, but just going blind for no reason would be a new one for me.

What makes you think it is blind? I've seen fish with eyes problems, but just going blind for no reason would be a new one for me.

Just one day she started bouncing on the bottom of the tank and running into walls.. We wave our hand in front of her and nothing... We did notice today she isn't eating anymore so we may have to put her down

"Put her down?" Are you planning on stealing some euthasol? How would you put her down? Why not try treating the issue first.

"Put her down?" Are you planning on stealing some euthasol? How would you put her down? Why not try treating the issue first.

That is the easiest thing I could think of...to say... And of course we tried to treat the issue and we would if we knew what it was... We have had our fish guy over and everything tests great so That is the problem we aren't sure of what the issue is... We have been on low salinity for about 35 days and she was as healthy as could but then just one day blind...

Could she be semi neurologic? I mean if she's bumping into things but doesn't seem blind it would be that. I guess. Really strange.

Eye issues with saltwater fish are usually from bad water quality, but you also usually get either hazy eyes or bulged eyes.

I read that fish that are truly blind usually do not bump around a tank. They act as if it is night, moving slowly and cautiously around the tank. Fish that are dying are the ones that thrash around, bump into things, etc (from an article on the Advanced Aquarist website).

Eye issues with saltwater fish are usually from bad water quality, but you also usually get either hazy eyes or bulged eyes.

I read that fish that are truly blind usually do not bump around a tank. They act as if it is night, moving slowly and cautiously around the tank. Fish that are dying are the ones that thrash around, bump into things, etc (from an article on the Advanced Aquarist website).

Thank you Todd I am going to go and see if I can find something there. It is just weird that when we wave our hands in front of her nothing...

Back
Top Bottom