Dojo loach blind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fif

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m relatively new to fish keeping. I recently got a dojo loach, who is an albino. I was wondering if it was normal behavior for him/her to run into everything, suck what ever he does run into (including fish) and he loves running face first into the bubbler.
He also has trouble looking for food, like, when he finally does find it (via bumping into it) he’s very intent on sucking it down. I have also seen videos of other dojos that will play/chase hands. And he does love to be hand fed.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I’m relatively new to fish keeping. I recently got a dojo loach, who is an albino. I was wondering if it was normal behavior for him/her to run into everything, suck what ever he does run into (including fish) and he loves running face first into the bubbler.
He also has trouble looking for food, like, when he finally does find it (via bumping into it) he’s very intent on sucking it down. I have also seen videos of other dojos that will play/chase hands. And he does love to be hand fed.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Albino fish are very light sensitive so that may be part of the problem. Make sure you use dim lighting when working with albino fish. That may solve your problem.

Check the fish's eyes and see if they have a white dot in them or a cream/ white film over the eyes. This can mean it's blind. An albino fish should have pink eyes with no white in or on the eyeballs.

Back
Top Bottom