Bloody ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yellow tailed tang, regal tang and 2powder blue have it very bad now, i have dropped sg from 1.0245 to 1.022, thinking to reduce it to 1.020 but dont know if corals would handle it or not. I have zoanthids bubble flowerpot mushrooms hammer anemones feather thank u

Dropping the salinitly wont do much unless it is very low, like .09 or so. Your corals will suffer the more you drop it.

I find fishes bit better since i dropped it to 1.022

Ok, but the ich will not die at that salinitly. They are still dying from the ich, you need to treat them or they will all die

Thinking of goin lower , its my only option cause i cant get fishes out, or ill just let salinity at this level n wait, am dipping their food in garlic hope that would do some

I know it sounds dumb but what if i used medication in main tank for few hours and then use stabilizer and bio bacteria???

I know it sounds dumb but what if i used medication in main tank for few hours and then use stabilizer and bio bacteria???
You can't drop the salinity because of the corals. You need to qt the fish to either lower the salinity or treat with cooper.you also never want to medicate your main tank.

Hey guys, think the fishes are beating it, there are still few spots on them but they are doin progress , didnt drop sg less than 1.022 and kept feeding them more frequent than i usually do with a dip of fresh home made garlic and ginger and progress is noticeable.

I think you can put the fish in freshwater for a minute and then put it back into freshwater.

Ive seen my friend do that to his fish and it works. The ich starts falling off and the fish survives.

Thank you, if i could take the fish out i would cure it faster and better, i will have to remove all rocks and corals from 120g tank to catch them, so i have no more options.

Knuckles said:
Thank you, if i could take the fish out i would cure it faster and better, i will have to remove all rocks and corals from 120g tank to catch them, so i have no more options.

Your welcome.

Back
Top Bottom