Marine Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NONO-AMJ79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,
Does any one have any experience and advice dealing with marine ich? After I cycled my tank, all my fish died from ich. I waited about 3 weeks then bought two damsels. One died two days later and had no signs of ich. I took it back to my LFS with a sample of my tank water. They said my parameters were good: pH 8.0, ammonia 0 ppm, nitrite 0 ppm, nitrate 5 ppm, specific gravity 1.022.
They refunded my money for the fish and then I bought 2 damsels (yellow tail & domino) and a pajama cardinal.

My fish were doing good for about 2 weeks. They were eating fine and being active. Suddenly I see just a few ich spots on the cardinal. Today I the morning they all had ich except one of my yellow tail damsels.

My question now is does any one have experience getting rid of ich? I also have inverts: hermit crabs, shrimp, sand sifting starfish, and some small feather dusters on my live rock. I know that copper based medications are not good for inverts. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll read them.

I have had exspirience with it. 2 years ago I lost a coral beauty and Royal grama to ick. The only thing that survived was my clownish which will be 4 years old in 3 weeks. I know of methods to get rid of it but a hardy fish like clownfish maybe a good idea. Also a large water change would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Update!!!
Well it's been well over a month and a half, so I guess it's safe to say that all my fish are free of ich. Yay! ::tapping heels in mid air::

What was my remedy, you might ask? Garlic! At the time, I was desperate because I hadn't gotten the chance to buy Kent Garlic extreme so I squeezed some fresh garlic to get a couple drops. I used it as a pre-soak on their food and it worked. I now pre-soak their food with Kent products: garlic extreme, zoe, and zoecon.

Back
Top Bottom