BTA. Just bought today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought this bubble tip today. He attached to a rock right away but hasn't opend up. I'm not to sure that I got a healthy one. I let the guy at the LFS pick it out. How much time does it take fot them to open up?
He has been in the tank for 2 hours now. I dripped accumulated for 45 minutes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1396239843432.jpg
    1396239843432.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 143
Sorry I forgot the picture. The BTA attached itself to a rock in a shady place. I hop he will move into the light.

Attachments

• 1396275816588.jpg
    1396275816588.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 123
I have had the tank up for 2 months. I originally bought the tank off craiglist, they had it up for a year. I bought new sand but I have all the original live rock. My fish, shrimp, crabs and snails are all thriving. I have a fluvial broad spectrum led light.
I checked my ammonia, nitrates, nitrite, ph and phosphates they are all good. I just did a water change last Thursday. Oh yea I have a 50 gallon tank. With a sump, protein skimmer and phosphate reactor.

Attachments

• 1396286814732.jpg
    1396286814732.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 133
I don't think those led fixtures are strong enough to support an anemone.

Give it some time to settle in. If it doesn't have enough light it should head upwards towards it eventually.

I can't wait till he opens up. I hope my clownfish host with him. I was told that the anemone is tank bread. I hope that makes him easier to take care of.

Update on my BTA.
Today he moved more into the light. Still looks strange. Any suggestions. I tested my water. Calcium 370, magnesium 1160, alkaline 4.5.(very low) I started dosing my system. I just saw my skunk shrimp go by the anemone and the shrimp jumped quickly, I think he got stung a little by the anemone.

Attachments

• 1396410538790.jpg
    1396410538790.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 124
  • 1396410562845.jpg
    1396410562845.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 125
I buy my saltwater at the lfs near me. I have a 50 gallon tank and I do a 5 to 7 gallon water change. The salinity is at 1.025.

Sorry I hit enter. I talked to another lfs and I ask the owner what kind of salt does he use, he said" a good quality reef salt" I forgot the name but he reassured he doesn't skimp on the mix because of the nutrients. I'm going to buy his salt this weekend and do a larger water change. Maybe 15 gallons. What is you advise Mr. X. I have a feeling the store I was buying saltwater at was skimping on the mix or something.

It's possible. Especially with those parameters. I like to mix my own salt. That way, I'm sure of what's in it. A 15 gallon water change should go a long way towards correcting things, but I would rather see you do three 5 gallon changes, this way everything comes back to acceptable range slowly, instead of instantly.

Should I do 5 gallon change daily? Also I'm thinking during this water change I don't dose my tank? I was wondering why my anemone is so barren in the center?

Sure, you could do a 5 gallon water change every day. Test your water and see if anything changes. If it's not going the way you want it to, you need too change water sources and dose to correct. If it's changing for the better, I'd just wait it out.

Back
Top Bottom