Chromis Sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scubasteve

Aquarium Advice Activist
An update on my chromis: my chromi that was sick witha small white spot on his head and a spot on his tail, i try treated with maracyn 2 for 5 days and now the white spot is grown and part of his tail is missing.

Any suggestions on what to do, the other chromi that is with him doesn't have any signs of disease. They are both in a QT tank.

i havent seen it do that, the white spot now looks almost like a tumor, i think i received a bad 'batch' of the chromis when i ordered online... the day after i got them one died right away, then this one got the white spot and i treated with maracyn2 for 5 days and it looks worse, the other chromis( there were 3 in total) looks fine. I had already contacted liveaquaria.com and they were nice enough to credit me for the fish that died and the sick one even though it hadn't died yet. I'm so glad i decided to use a QT tank this time around though otherwise my tank would be contaminated again, but it's still a little frustrating since the first new fish i get are all sick.

Back
Top Bottom