Cleaning out the QT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Regal Tang has finally finished her quarantine period and is in the main tank (she's my first fish)! She seems so happy! In the QT she would mostly hide under/in the pvc, but now she's swimming around and checking out the liverock. She's even found her own little spot inside one of the rocks where she can peek out. It's so cute! But, anyway, my question is do I need to use anything (bleach?) to clean out the QT? No meds were used during the quarantine period. The only thing I added to the water was AmQuel. Also, can I just rinse out the sponge that I used for bacteria, let it air dry, and put it back in the sump of the main tank?

TIA! :lol:

if you didn't use any meds then a simple rinse with clean water should be fine. If you used meds, or there were sick fish that you returned to the LFS (for future reference) a simple solution of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water could be used with a rag or sponge thats never been used for dishes. Then a hefty rinse and let it air dry and you should be fine.

(sorry no one has responded until now!)

Back
Top Bottom