Coral behaving oddly, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spongeynip

Aquarium Advice Regular
I don't know if this should go in the sick coral forum, because I don't know if it is sick. Today my Green Star polyps didn't open at all. I have no idea, but yesterday I did add more ls and did a water change right after (to avoid ammonia problems) and everything closed up. But the orange zoo's were perfectly fine, and I've had them both for a little over a month now with no problems. I also do a water change every 2 weeks to re-add trace elements. My camel shrimp did sit on it the day before all day, and i watched him, but I didn't catch him nibbling at all. I found a very small musell on it today too. Is there something strange here I'm not noticing? Or do I need to start adding trace elements? Or just give it time? Please HELP!

-thanx,
Trent

Give it time. How are your water paramters after the LR addition? Keep an eye on that camel as well, they are notorious coral nippers. If all parameters are in check, I agree with Thumper...time...

I'll agree with the above posts. All my inverts were quite upset when I added my new sand, until the tank cleared, then they were fine.

The stars are hearty. They should start to emerge again soon. They will be fine even if they stay closed up for a few days. Just wave any collecting detrius off them if they remain closed for more than a day or two.

it's really really hard to kill star polyps. I've got some growing behind my rock where there isn't hardly any light.

Back
Top Bottom