cycle ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfmanbean

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently had a blue hippo tang get ich. My dealer (where I got all my info until now) said to put all my fish into a hospital tank and treat both tanks. Anyway since there was nothing in my home tank to create ammonia does my display tank need to cycle again? I tested the water and everything was fine.

No your main tank does not need to be cycled again. It does not need to be treated for ick except it needs to be fishless for 8 weeks. The fish need to be in a QT and treated. Every 5 days add a few flakes to your main to keep the nitrifying bacteria alive. Read these.

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

ATJ's Marine Aquarium Site - Reference - Hyposalinity Treatment

Also moving this to the sick fish forum.

I don't know your LFS but don't ever treat your main tank with anything. If they told you to treat both your tanks I would change LFS's.

well if u have inverts and corals you will kill them, also my lfs said that even after you keep the DT fishless for 8 weeks ich will still remain there but not as strong. also said but im not too sure about thisbut he said that if yourfish shows sings of ich but still eats normally his amune system will clear it out wit the help of garlic and vitamins, melosu58 what do you think about that statement??????????

Back
Top Bottom