Damsel Problems (again...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

After one of my damsels died (I had two), the other one became very inactive and very very scared. It always hides behind something when I get near the tank. When I open the lid it runs away to the bottom corners. Before the other one died, they would both swim around freely and would not be worried about me. They would both come to the top when I opened the lid and would wait for me to drop in the food.

The survivor (the one that didn't die) does eat but only after the "coast is clear" and every time I approach it runs away. My guess is that it thinks I killed the other damsel and is now afraid of me. Do you guys think that's possible?

I'd like to know if its sick so I can treat it because I am about to stock my tank and I don't want it to be a "suicide-bomber" in my tank waiting to blow up and kill everything over night.

Thanks in advance,

$imple

Sounds normal for a paired fish that lost it's buddy. Basic herd behavior, they feel secure in groups but timid when alone.

Hey simple, I would be more than happy to send you another damsel, I need to get rid of one. Let me know if your interested, haha.

Joshua...

I am very interested. I'm low on money though. PM me if you still want to send it to me, and I'll send you the address. I think that would help. Thanks...

$imple

Yah well i think ur damsel feels frightened being alone hey how big do they get

i think they grow in the vicinity of 2-3 inches. i'm not sure if that's captivity or tank raised but i've seen them at that size.

Back
Top Bottom