Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2004, 11:54 PM   #1

Damsel Problems (again...)

After one of my damsels died (I had two), the other one became very inactive and very very scared. It always hides behind something when I get near the tank. When I open the lid it runs away to the bottom corners. Before the other one died, they would both swim around freely and would not be worried about me. They would both come to the top when I opened the lid and would wait for me to drop in the food.

The survivor (the one that didn't die) does eat but only after the "coast is clear" and every time I approach it runs away. My guess is that it thinks I killed the other damsel and is now afraid of me. Do you guys think that's possible?

I'd like to know if its sick so I can treat it because I am about to stock my tank and I don't want it to be a "suicide-bomber" in my tank waiting to blow up and kill everything over night.

Thanks in advance,

$imple
Old 09-03-2004, 03:53 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sounds normal for a paired fish that lost it's buddy. Basic herd behavior, they feel secure in groups but timid when alone.

Old 09-03-2004, 03:56 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to nyghtone Send a message via AIM to nyghtone Send a message via MSN to nyghtone Send a message via Yahoo to nyghtone
Hey simple, I would be more than happy to send you another damsel, I need to get rid of one. Let me know if your interested, haha.

Joshua...

www.nyghtone.com
nyghtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:24 PM   #4

I am very interested. I'm low on money though. PM me if you still want to send it to me, and I'll send you the address. I think that would help. Thanks...

$imple
Old 09-03-2004, 03:25 PM   #5

Yah well i think ur damsel feels frightened being alone hey how big do they get
Old 09-03-2004, 05:24 PM   #6

i think they grow in the vicinity of 2-3 inches. i'm not sure if that's captivity or tank raised but i've seen them at that size.

Tags
damsel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com