Death knocking at their door.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just shooting in the dark here, but I would imagine like most animals in the wild, others of the same species would kill it. if it were a snail I would think a crab would eat it.
Just my thoughts

I guess what i'm trying to ask is that one of my snails keep falling off the glass and it's moving real sluggish. Come to think of it, before my mithraxes died they moved real slow too.

Sam

My Turbo's fall of the glass all the time, I just stick a wooden dowel rod in the tank and flip 'em back over and they continue on!

My Hermits flip over sometimes, but they seem to do just fine getting back over!

I've had the snails for maybe a year or so. They are Astrea snails to be exact and were pretty much full grown when i got them. I've never seen them fall off before, so i guess i'll just keep watching them. I guess if they do die.. I can just go get a few more at the LFS, they aren't too expensive anyways.

Sam

My snail, I am not sure if the species, constantly falls off of the glass. To say he falls is likely an inacurate depiction of what is really going on. Rather then falling, I think the snail is making a conscious decision to release from the glass to get elsewhere in the tank. This is especially true when there is a current near by as I find my snail likes to use the current in tank from time to time to float from one side to the other. My snail has been doing this since I got him and is living a very happy life :)

Best of luck to you Sam.

Joe

I don't think it's using the currents in my tank.. In fact both the astreas i have in there love the current. They actually spend most of the time pretty close to the nozzle. But alas.. I was checking my tank this afternoon and the one astrea is moving even slower than this morning and yesterday. I guess its time to hit the LFS for a couple of new ones. (It also gives me an excuse to get a few more things for the tank. :wink: )

Sam

Back
Top Bottom