Domino turning white at night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

probe dms

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had these dominos for a while and at night they turn white. They get a little color back if i toss em some food but for the most part they look like they just saw a ghost. Some mornings they wake up with some ich spots but by mid day they are usually all gone. strange thing is, i had 3 so i gave my friend one. his domino turns white at night also in his tank. any ideas whats going on??

Stress is probably going on. If you are seeing ich and they are falling off then you need to know that when they fall off they fall to the substrate and 200 will come from each one that falls off and then the cycle starts anew. Read these links

Read these...

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com
Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

... then this...

ATJ's Marine Aquarium Site - Reference - Hyposalinity Treatment

Read the links melosu gave on ich, but other than that most fish colors will fade at night to a grey/white.

Back
Top Bottom