Finally added fish to the new tank, now a have a new issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I added the fish after having the tank running for a while with just the LR. Everything is going fine until one of the new fish goes missing. It is a little yellow Clown Goby. I finally find him in the over flow swimming around the pre filter. He got into the overflow in the tank and must have been sucked to the outside box.
Well I know he likes to sit on the PH right near the overflow, so I moved that. Well the next day he was in there again. And this morning too. He seems fine, and he can get food in there. But still, I don't want him in the over flow. I have thought of adding another pre filter to the bottom of the tube from tank side to outside, and I have thought of a net or prefilter in the slits at the top of the overflow. But both of those will stop any floating objects there, and I am worried that he will swim up there more to check that out. Plus, if it is a case of him getting sucked in, then couldn't that just pin him there?
Any help or ideas would be great. I really like that little guy and want to get one more, but not if they are going to live inthe over folw :)

G

Any way you can lower the water level a bit? He may not be able to make it in there then.
BTW...where are you at in MN? I live in Savage.

I bought a small, $3 fish net. I tore off the netting and draped it around the slots in the overflow box. This kept me from findin my fish in it.

Back
Top Bottom