Finger Leather Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phases99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up a Finger Leather about 5 days ago. It doesn't seem to like my lighting as it closes its polyps and scrunches up when the daylight tubes come on. It seems to be fine when only the actinic is on. Should I move it lower in the tank or will it adjust before its harmed. All other corals doing well. Thanks
ph 8.3
alk 9 dkh
ca 380
sg 1.024
NO2, NO3, NH3 all 0

The same thing kind of happened to me. But after about a week and a half my leather finger started opening when the lights were on. i've had it about a month now and is fine. So i'm not sure if this is normal or not, but it did happen to me. But what do i know, i'm just a newbie :lol:

I would move it a bit lower. When I get a new coral, I place it near the bottom or under an overhang for a week or so and then move it to where it will stay. I figure that after being shipped to lfs in the dark and then home with me, it could use some time getting used to the light. I know I don't open my eyes fully when the light goes on first thing in the morning.

Thanks. I have seen some mention that it is normal for Leathers to do this while they are adjusting. I just hate to see any of my Corals or Fish unhappy (spoiled brats). I wonder if it would bother the Coral even more if I move it again. I'll see how it looks this morning when the lights come on, if it still looks bad I will move it lower.

Back
Top Bottom