fire fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leesanhua

Aquarium Advice Freak
i think there is something wrong with my firefish. well.. it looks weak. normally it will swim around at the mid level of the tank but now it keep staying in the bottom.
this happen after i introduced the scooter blenny i just bought today.

any help would be appreciated. :(

Sounds like the firefish is having domance issues with the blenny. Have you witnessed the blenny being agressive toward the fire fish? Has the firefish shown any agression toward the blenny?

blenny did nothing to the firefish but the firefish looked so scare when the blenny walking around him.
aren't they suppose compatible to each other? why this will happen?
i checked as much infomation as i can b4 i put them together.

This is not uncommon for a firefish. They are by nature quite skiddish and will generally react this way no matter what fish is introduced. Dartfish in general will scurry under the edges of rockwork below the sand when frightend.

Once it realizes the scooter is little or no threat, it should return to swimming. Keep in mind as well, it will be wary for the next while so no sudden movements around the tank either. Unless it's absolutely necessary, keep you hands out of the tank if at all possible.

Has the firefish been eating?

Cheers
Steve

dead already.
i really love firefish. what should i do?
can i keep another one in the future?

Sorry for your loss :(

How long had the firefish been acting week/shy and when was the scooter added? What other animals do you have and how big is the tank?

Water parameters?

Cheers
Steve

firefish was in the tank for a week. it acted week or shy for 7 or 8 hours. then.... it breathed heavily... then die....

ammo=0, nitrite=0 and nitrate <0.25

my tank is 15gal and it has only 2 fishes b4 the firefish die.

Unfortunately that can happen with these kinds of fish. They are very nervous and can react quite negatively to other fish. More often than not they can become so stressed they actually refuse to come out and eat. Some actually show no adverse affects, it's really hit and miss.

I would wait a few weeks before adding a new fish to be certain nothing was introduced with the scooter. As long as it remains healthy, you should be safe to add another firefish. Just be certain to keep the environment inside and outside the tank as stress free as possible.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom