fish and sound?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan0292002ca

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just have a question, are fish sensitive to sound, I assume they can hear, but do loud noises affect them? I've had a 30 gallon set up in my rec room for a few months now, I also have a home theatre in there, and was watching a movie the other night and this just popped into my head, and I don't want my fish getting sick or suffer or anything because of it, thanks

I would imagine any strong vibrations, such as from a subwoofer, would be somewhat upsetting for the fish.

you would think be i know this topic came up some time ago. there are many people who have subs right under or behind the tank and the fish dont feel any thing.

WarOrks15 said:
you would think be i know this topic came up some time ago. there are many people who have subs right under or behind the tank and the fish dont feel any thing.

That's my fish. The subwoofer from the home theater is about a foot away from them, and they don't seem to care at all. They just keep sleeping.

I do know that, however, they know when someone is comming into the room before we actually enter the room because they get into "formation" at the corner where I usually feed them... Smart little beggars!!!

I have my sub along the same wall as my tank. There is about five feet distance between them. I have not noticed any problems.

Back
Top Bottom