Flame Angel Stopped Eating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnkristie

Aquarium Advice Freak
My flame angel has stopped eating and I don't know why. I feed my tank nori and flake food daily in the morning, and then either adult brine shrimp, a squid/clam/shrimp mixture, live mysid/fish larvae, or pygmy angel formula in the evening. All the other fish are doing great. What could be wrong. I don't see any signs of disease. Please help, it is my favorite fish in the tank. My other fish are a passer angel, foxface, yellow tang, royal gramma, perc clowns, and damsels. None of the other fish seem to bother him and he is not being bossed around by the other angel.

What are your tank parameters and is he being harassed? Also, it has to do something with his tank mates or water parameters, if he was eating and stopped all of the sudden. I would soak my food in garlic guard or Entice from Seachem and see if that happens.

He is not being harrassed by anyone. My tank water quality parameters are as follows:
NH3 - 0
NO2 - 0
NO3 - 12
Temp - 80
SG - 1.024

what type of test kit do you use? i have to color match mine so i could have a nitrate of 23 when its really 10 or 15 lol

Wow, all I can say is try out some garlic and different foods source what foods to you feed it? it ma have just gotten tried of what you are giving him and wants something new. For example, I have a ghost eel tha tuse to eat silversides like crazy, until one day he went on strike and never more he hates them now, so I feed him Ghost Shrimp and Krill. LETS SEE IF HE GOES ON STRIKE AGAIN.

Back
Top Bottom