flat worms on LPS. please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexrd09

Aquarium Advice Activist
As you can see in the picture my lps is full of flat worms. As far as I can see it is the only coral that has them. What do you guys recommend for getting rid of them. I have a 6 line and a fairy wrasse but they don't seem to want touch them. Any other suggestions. I was thinking a fresh water dip but have never done one before so I am not sure on how to go about it.

ForumRunner_20130615_211106.jpg

ForumRunner_20130615_211106.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130615_211057.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130615_211057.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 139
I had gotten a gonipora that was covered in flatworms. I did a freshwater dip on it and they fell right off. I used some rodi water and made it the same temp put it in a clean Tupperware and just lightly swished around the coral upside down for about two seconds. The coral defiantly didn't like it but neither did the worms. Usually if the coral is strong enough it will survive. How long have you has the coral for? I hope there isn't more in your tank.

I bought the coral about 4-6 months ago but I just recently noticed the flat worms. I haven't noticed it on any other corals or rocks but they seem to be growing in number on that coral and I'm starting to notice the coral takes a little longer to open up when the lights kick on

Frogspawn takes a little time to open up. Once you have flatworms you will always have. The only thing you can do is lower the amount of worms as it will cover your coral and starve it of life. Always dip new corals before putting them in your tank. A quick 5-10 min dip in coral rx will get rid of the pests. If its just isolated on that one coral.

If u have a huge festation flatworm exit usually does the trick but thats only as a last resort

The dip needs to be done in coral rx or can I do a simple freshwatet dip. If so for how long?

The dip needs to be done in coral rx or can I do a simple freshwatet dip. If so for how long?

I would reccomend coral rx. Not only will it kill the worms, larvae and eggs, it will help your coral. 5-10 dip while hitting it with a turkey baster.

A fresh water dip method is useful if you dont have access to coral rx

Always have a bottle on hand. Its 20$ and it lasts. Dip all new corals to prevent parasite.i have a few flatworms on my frogspawn as well. I dipped it and my frog spawn has never looked happier. it opens to about 4 inches each head ever since

I just ordered some off of fosters. My lfs did not have any I'm definetly going to start doing it prophalactically to prevent this kinds stuff from happening

Good man! For now dont move the frogspawn or the worms might spread. Every once in a while i will see a few but i just siphon those out to keep my numbers low.

Back
Top Bottom