GARLIC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

How do you feed your fish garlic? Do you have to buy something special? Or can you just crush garlic and soak it in the food? Thanks you guys. :) <3

You can either crush your own and soak alittle in the food then drain, buy a special garlic supp for fish, or go to your local health food store and buy garlic oil. And yes, I recommend it for your sick fish. :)

Garlic helps raise the immune system of every animal. Makes them less likely to get sick.
When they are sick, or not eating, garlic should be fed with every feeding.

In a healthy tank, supplement garlic a couple times a week is the general rule of thumb.

Pretty interesting read, Innovator, especially the fish that were infected and only fed garlic, having a better immune system. I guess there is another debate as to weather it stimulates a feeding frenzy, or is it just a different "smell"....hmmm. I still soak my frozen in garlic every feeding. I have not seen any negative effect.

It's certainly not the magic bullet.

All it's proven to do ( as fact mind you, nor hearsay ) is help raise the immune system. Which makes the fish less likely to succumb to infection/disease.

It will not cure ICH or any other disease for that matter.

HTH

Thanks you guys! I'm not using it to kill the ICH, but I really want to boost their immune systems because from what I've read... it helps fish fight it off because ICH never really leaves the tank. We're treating our tank right not and investing in a QT after Christmas shopping. It's just frustrating that we were never suggested a QT before we started. Trial and error I guess... we've definitely learned after some reading.

If you don't have inverts or corals in your tank, you could reduce more stress by lowering your salinity to 1.020. That's where my FOWLR stays.

Back
Top Bottom