Gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I read in the conscientioius Marine Aquarist that "for the most part, are relatively disease resistant, with the exception of one type of plague: enviromental" Ok, to be short and to the point, is this quote meaning they can get "ich"? Reason I am asking is both of our green clown gobies aka Coral Gobies have white dots on them, yet, not rubbing on anything, no flashing and still eating. They didn't have it before we got the acro and they've been swimming through it, I was curious, could it be ich or scratches from going through the acro?

If it is ich it's going to be extremely hard catching these little guys and from what else I read they have can die from certain medicines.

Attached is a pic. If it is ich and we are able to catch them, will just lowering the salt work.

Thanks.

Sorry Salt, I would say that is definately ich. Being resistant does not mean they can't get it. It just means that they could possibley resist the parasite longer than most. It will usually give the fishkeeper a bit more time to affect a treatment.

Cheers
Steve

Ok, thanks Steve, that's what I was afraid of, ok guess it's going to be hospital time for a while. It's going to be so much fun trying to catch them. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom