Got that SOB killer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seaham358

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been loosing small fish for 6 months or longer and I could not figure out what why... Some of these fish were around for months so it was not a new fish issue.. I just lost one of my Fire fish and my baby Atlantic Blue Tang, so now I'm really pissed...
I set a glass in the tank with shrimp in it a few days ago and have only caught my scarlet hermits or had my Nass snails clean it out.
Last night I baited late in the evening....

This morning Pay Dirt!!!! Got me one big Strawberry Crab, I thought this puppy was dead, I say it about a year ago and have not seen it sense.

Pics of Accused Kill!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/seaham358/CrabGlassClose.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/seaham358/crabglass.jpg

UPDATE!!!!
He has already been Convicted of Murder by a jury of his peers (the hermits) and sentenced to Life in solitary confinement, "The Fuge"

I would still be on the look out for the culprit. If in fact that is a Strawberry Crab, they are usually algae eaters and although they will snack on meaty things, usually already dead things. They don't have the saw or tooth like appendages/claws. They are flat and round so that they can grab algae and scrape the rocks.. Strawberry Crabs are known to be peaceful and reef safe.. If you believe that it should live a life of doom in the sump, I believe you should find someone who will take it first.

Now, with all that said, that is going on the assumption that it is truly a Strawberry Crab.

life of doom in the sump?? He is in the 15 gal fuge with plenty of LR, sand bed and all types of algae. You see the pic is it a strawberry crab? That is what it was sold to me as.

Doc he is Big... The bottom on the glass is about 2" across, so I am guessing the shell is around 1.5" across.

Timbo already but the glass back in to see what else I can trap.

Back
Top Bottom