Helo my blue tang looks like its sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daylilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
It was fine yesterday but I just saw it now and it seems like the bottom part of the fish is like something bit it off and it's fading and looks whitish
I know he lays near the sand all night maybe it's the sand all over him? He was perfectly fine since I got him eating and all
Should I move him to a separate tank?
Please help someone I'll see if I can get a picture

I put him a separate tank but he's just floating around trying to swim
Is e gonna live?

It does not sound too good. As you can see from the link below they have to have at least a 125 gallon tank. The stress from being in a smaller tank might be a contributing factor to stress affecting the fish. Hopefully by QT the fish he might get better. Keep an eye out on your water parameters for the QT. You might have to do frequent PWC`s to keep the water in pristine conditions. They are herbivores and need plenty of dried seaweed or nori. If he does come around start feeding him that or maybe even some spirulina flakes. I hope he makes it.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Tang

I did try feeding him nori but he never took it he always takes the meaty food and ate a whole lot
He's real tiny so I think for now he has lots of room to swim
He was just fine yesterday and this morning I don't know what happened it looks like someone took a bite out of him
Poor thing

have u noticed any other fish stressing him out. this happened to my sailfin tang n it was my yellow tang stressing him out how long has he been in QT now ?

I just put him in about 30 mins ago. Looks like he's cut from the bottom. I can't believe it he was so well this morning

What do you medicate him for. Do you see parasites? Bacterial infections? Fungal problems? You have to know what and how to treat. Do you see any of these? Also it makes no difference on the size of the tang. That fish needs a 6 ft tank.

I'm not sure maybe bacterial or fungal
Can you suggest me what to medicate with?

If it`s fungal you`ll see white cotton like tufts growing on him. Bacterial will look like open cuts or lesion like wounds. Supposedly melafix is a good bacterial agent. I`ve never used it but others have told me they had success with it. I just cant understand why he would be cut from the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom