help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnomyaj

Aquarium Advice Newbie
y does my blue tang lie on the seabed almost fully?
i can even use my hand to touch it...it does not escape like other
fish...can some1 tell me y is it like dat?and someone give me a solution...
thanks..

Tell us more about your system.

What size tank?
What do you use for filtration?
What other fish are in the tank?
How long have you had the blue tang?

With out knowing the specifics that reefrunner asked for, in my experience, sorry to say, but hes probably dieing. Is it discolored, eating properly, seem to have bits of fin missing or anything unusual? Like I said its my experience that its dieing and you probably do not have allot of time left, sorry for the downer.

2 feet tank
internal filter(part of the tank)
2domino, 2blue and 1yellowtail,2 striped damsels,1 clownfish

All of those damsels may be "picking" on the tang and stressing him out. Damsels are very territorial. I have one that is constantly harassing my royal gramma, I think I may be forced to get rid of him.

How did you acclimate the fish? Was it acting normally at the LFS? What are the demensions of the tank? How big is the tang, tangs are too large for a 2ft tank.

Please answer the questions above. Even a small tang is too large for your system.

Your tank is already overdrowded, IMO, and that is likely the root of the problem.

this is my 2nd blue tang, just bought today,now lying on one side....it is becoming kind of translucent...

That tank is too small for those fish. Tangs need big tanks to thrive, they are very strong swimmers and need thier space. In confined spaces they can develope a spinal disease. IMO i would take it back to your LFS, if they let you, and try to get a refund, some stores dont do that with saltwater fish, but some do, ya never know. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom