help!!!!! I think my foxface has ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chiclidlover81

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed today white dots on his lft side please let me know what you think

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130331_134433.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130331_134433.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 212
  • ForumRunner_20130331_134450.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130331_134450.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 177
  • ForumRunner_20130331_134517.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130331_134517.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 225
Of it looks like little sand crystals, then it is most certainly ich. I I've treated it a few times, but I only have freshwater fish. I think the same steps will be taken to treat in ether water type.

It actually looks like a scratch or a bruise. Maybe it darted into a rock and scratched itself.

Post a better quality picture I would lean towards white spot purely because a scratch doesn't usually have those formations.

Here is my foxface for reference

Attachments

• 392736_10151524216220379_2095563751_n.jpg
    392736_10151524216220379_2095563751_n.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 379
she is in quarantine now it looks like air bubbles on her skin that wont shake off i looked over every one else to see and they all look fine but i noticed other fish like rubbing them selves on the rocks aand sand as if they had an itch o scratch any ideas

she is in quarantine now it looks like air bubbles on her skin that wont shake off i looked over every one else to see and they all look fine but i noticed other fish like rubbing them selves on the rocks aand sand as if they had an itch o scratch any ideas

Oh yeah. If they are rubbing against the rock that's ich you are going too need to treat everyone. I know how to treat it in freshwater, but you need help from someone who knows more about saltwater aquariums. I think you can treat the fish the same, but the medication may harm your live rock and choral.

If it is indeed Ich, then you have two choices. Keep fish stress-free and maintain pristine water conditions...basically hope they are all strong enough to fight it off. The Ich will still have the fish as a host, so it can come back.

Second option is to QT your fish, treat with copper or Hyposalinity and then leave your DT fallow for six weeks. Your QT fish should be cured and they go back into a clean, Ich-free tank. It stresses the fish, but the end result is worth it, IMO.

Raising temp really does nothing (that works more with FW fish). Cleaner shrimp or wrasses don't do anything. Freshwater dips can help, but are not a cure, as they will likely not get it all. Feeding garlic supplements is supposed to help the immune system, so that can't hurt, but again its not a cure.

If it is indeed Ich, then you have two choices. Keep fish stress-free and maintain pristine water conditions...basically hope they are all strong enough to fight it off. The Ich will still have the fish as a host, so it can come back.

Second option is to QT your fish, treat with copper or Hyposalinity and then leave your DT fallow for six weeks. Your QT fish should be cured and they go back into a clean, Ich-free tank. It stresses the fish, but the end result is worth it, IMO.

Raising temp really does nothing (that works more with FW fish). Cleaner shrimp or wrasses don't do anything. Freshwater dips can help, but are not a cure, as they will likely not get it all. Feeding garlic supplements is supposed to help the immune system, so that can't hurt, but again its not a cure.

Glad someone finally commented that knows about salt water.

Sorry it took a while...I was out of town and never had a chance to get in here.

There are lots of online articles about saltwater Ich and treatments ( what works and what doesn't). There are also tons of threads on here with information and even links to some if those articles. It's a good idea to familiarize with this, as there is a lot of bad info out there and a lot of people see the white spits disappear and think the Ich is gone, when it really is not.

Sorry it took a while...I was out of town and never had a chance to get in here.

There are lots of online articles about saltwater Ich and treatments ( what works and what doesn't). There are also tons of threads on here with information and even links to some if those articles. It's a good idea to familiarize with this, as there is a lot of bad info out there and a lot of people see the white spits disappear and think the Ich is gone, when it really is not.

I have a really good way I treat for freshwater, but I don't know anything about saltwater. I didn't want to not give any information.

Back
Top Bottom