help me please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok here it is. i have a 50 gal with 30lbs live rock that just finished cycling and now its time to add some fish... now i have 2 clarkii clowns, a dwarf hawkfish, and a four srtipe damsel along with some hermits, snails, and a CC Star in a 20L now, i know this is a bit much but i am going to move them into the bigger tank anytime now. ok what can fit in the 50 gal? I was thinkin that i want a pair of True Perc clowns.. can i do this? if so how? should i let 2 percs be in a tank alone for a while to establish the male and female? help me!!! i am lost!!!
TIA!!!!

How many of the others fish are you moving into the 50? You can get a pair of percs but I would move the clarkii's into the 50 since they are a bigger clown. Get two very small perc's if you want to try to get a pair. They would do ok in the 20L.

If your planning on putting the clarkii's in the tank I wouldn't try the perc's.
But if not buy two small clowfish so they have time to change sex. The bigger one usually turns into the female. Just add them to your 50 right away.

well i was planning on just having the 50 gal tank and not the 20 anymore. i was kinda hoping they could co-exist in the same tank somehow. thanks

No, I don't think a 50g is big enough for two pairs of clowns. Not enough territory.

I agree with Fluff, mixing clown fish in small tanks is not a good idea. the clarkii will fight other clown fish...

sounds like a plan. i would like to go with like a Flame Angel. thanks guys your awesome!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom