Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-28-2004, 02:53 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

I would like EVERYONE to pay close attention to what i'm about to say.

If you feel the need to "vent" GO OUTSIDE. There is, and never will be, any need for these types of post on this forum.

This forum and it's admins/advisors take a lot of time to ensure that this is a frienly and helpful site. These are simple rules meant for the benefit of everyone here.

Please, I understand that it can get frustrating trying to help some some times. But if you don't have something useful to say, don't say anything. There's no need for it. Also, responding to posts that are less than useful only fuels the fire.

let us please keep things civil or this thread will be locked as a first step to resolving the issue. Later steps can, and have in the past, include removal of your account. If you have any questions please read theUser Agreement.

SaltwaterTeen: I'm glad to hear there's no more spots, but ich goes through cycles as others have stated, it may simply be in the (stage where they're eggs on rocks (sorry, too frustrated to remember the correct term))

can't we all just get along?

Old 04-28-2004, 05:22 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterTeen
Btw, u dont have to be an ***, a 25gal setup actually costed $500 but I think its way too much for a f****** qt tank, *sigh* you cant blame me for every mistake that my dad make, he just wont listen, no need to be putting me down for something I did not f****** do
I'll give you that one, you put up with some abuse on several threads and I certainly understand how you might feel persecuted, but no more

I whole heartedly concur with BillyZ.

SWT, FWIW there is an article in the articles section that outlines setting up a QT for about 30-50 dollars dpeneding on how much you add to it and how you want to set it up.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:24 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
As for a QT tank. All you really need is a basic 10 gallon or 20 gallon tank. Can usually get the tank for about 20 bucks. Then a heater maybe 20. Also a hob filter. maybe 25. So you are roughly looking at about 70 bucks give or take a few. No substrate needed. No light needed IMO and just something in ther for the fish to hide. That is all you need. No elaborate setup required for a QT tank. Sorry for the earlier posts. Just get frustrated sometimes. So i would still tell you dad you need a QT tank. It is an essential part of any aquarium setup.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:49 PM   #24
AA Team Emeritus

I personally think you need to tell your dad to start reading this forum, or to stop controling the tank. If it's something for you and him to bond over (excellent idea for parents, IMO) then that includes the research, not just the spending.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:27 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry I wont let it happen again, thanks, my dad does need to look at the posts Ill try to persuade him into not being brainwashed by lfs LOL, thanks guys
Old 04-29-2004, 12:30 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
BTW, all this aside, keep an eye on your fish. More than likely the parasite will come back, in larger numbers. So be ready with that qt tanks.

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com