ich or whatever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i had a coral beauty with white spots and he died,also some others for what i dont no.it seems like they died really fast.i dont have any more fish in my tank and have cupramine .should i just use this and be done with it.i dont plan on any invertes just two dwarf lions and a foxface.

My understanding is that ich resides in the sand and that you kill it in the larvae stage. Do you have coral or inverts? If you don't you could treat with chelated copper. I also use another product called Crypto-Pro. It is a powder that my lfs owner uses is his tank. It is non-copper treatment and usually clears up the ich on fish in about 3 days. Again, you can't do this with inverts or corals.

ok i'll look into something like the cryto-pro

Sorry about your fish. I only know about the meds because I have a Pinktail Trigger that breaks out with ich whenever I add a new fish, move decor around, or just generally look in the direction of the tank. I also keep about 2-3 ppm of copper in the tank as a preventative (another lfs owner recommendation). I'm doing that just until I'm done adding livestock (which should be in two more fish).

Sorry to hear about your tank..
I would just leave it empty for 8 weeks and when your ready to stock up again, QT ,and you'll never have ick again

If you can wait and keep the tank empty for eight weeks the ich should die because it needs a host fish to live. If you have rock and sand in the tank it will absorb the cupramine and you won't get the proper copper level until the rock and sand are saterated.

what if i use ich attack.its 100% organic safe for fish

If you ever decide to go reef- don't dose copper. There's not really a point in dosing the tank now. The best way is to let it sit empty.

Nothing other than copper or hypo salinity will beat cryptocaryon irritan go hypo amedietly I am also doing hypo salinity treatment

Back
Top Bottom