Is my Colt Dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT96

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have had my colt coral in my reef for about 8mths and 2 days ago it started to have holes in it and now 1/2 of the coral is desinigrating and the branches are falling off and it is just sloped and chucks of it are flying. It is with clowns only and I was wondering what I should do with it since only 1/2 of it is falling apart. please help me soon

Cut away the infected edge, go fairly deep into the healthy tissue. Sounds like a bacterial infection, your only chance is to frag ;)

can u explain in detail what I should do, sorry but it's the first time Iv encountered a situation like this, my tank has been up for 9 months and it never had a problem. Please just tell me exactly how to cut it so I dont kill all of it. Thanks, also after cutting the bad part off, do I throw it away and do a water change. thanks again

I would cut off the good part(s) and throw the rest away. I've had this happen too. Cut off chucks with sharp scissors. Wrap the piece on a rock with a rubber band for 2 or 3 weeks. Every piece you do this to will end up larger than what you started with and you will be in the fragging biz! It's really easy. Don't be intimidated. Get them scissors and go!

mark

Just lop off a branch or arm. Try to cut off as much as possible because it'll shrink up quite a bit after the surgery. You don;t need to cut from the base. Tie it to a rock with a rubber band trying to keep the "wound" toward the rock. If you can't keep the wound in contact with the rock, don't worry, it will still attach.

Back
Top Bottom