is this ich? dead in 24hrs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nyghtryderz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was feeding my fish last night and i noticed that my two clowns have little white spots on there entire body and a coral beauty that has it on his face. I have never had a problem with ich before and one of my clowns died when i got home today. They arent rubbing or gasping for air and air eating when i feed M,W,F. I haven't added any fish in the past 6 months and I changed the substrate out two months ago with sand from a friends tank and i just called and he said he never had ich. I added more baserock to the tank 1 month ago. Is this ich? if so what do i do? I have corals and inverts in the tank also and i dont have a QT set up at the moment.

I have read that i shouldn't QT these fish because it will put them under more stress and the fish will likely die. Thanks for the help

It sounds like that is most likely, sorry to hear that. a pic would be helpful to tell for sure.

I suggest getting them into a qt tank as soon as possible and getting them treated. you can do either copper or hypo I'd use cupramine if you choose copper because its on to harsh on the fish and works great. Do not use either method in your main tank because of the inverts If you go the copper route you'll need a test kit to make sure you have the proper level to kill the parasite. API salifert or seachem kits will work. good luck

Try finding garlic extreme and soaking food in it to help with the immune systems of the fish. The hippo I used to have would get ich all the time and I wanted to keep things natural, so since it just started I would soak my food and feed it. Then it would get better.

Back
Top Bottom