Is this ich on my clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atte

Aquarium Advice Activist
My clownfish has had this white particle on his body behind his fin for about 4-5 days now. It's not flat and sticks out a bit off of his body. There's only one in that spot and nowhere else, which makes me question if it is ich. None of the other fish (chromis and banggai) show any spots and all three are eating and acting completely normal. I haven't added anything new to the tank for a long time, other than a powerhead.

Here's a video, it was hard to get a good picture of it. My clown is too fast for my camera

YouTube - Is this ich?

It could be nothing at all, just a sand particle or something, but I'm going to be away from home for a month so I thought I'd ask before I leave.

Sand particle? Doubt it. Keep an eye on the fish and if more white dots appear, its ich. I doubt there's anything you could really do at this point besides wait and see.

Yeah, ich would be more then one spot. Keep the water as clean as you can and be sure to do a water change before you leave for the "Month".

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am doing a PWC today and I'll make sure the feedings are reduced a bit to help with the water quality.

Back
Top Bottom