Kenya tree coral dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grease

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my first coral. Did some research n seen that Kenya tree corals were really hardy n not that hard to take care of. Thought that would be good for my first. Checked all my parameters before n everything looked good. I floated him in my tank for 30 min. Then drip acclimate for 2.5 hrs. I put it on the on the the sandbed. I woke up the next day n he shriveled up n limp. Been like that for the last two days. Any clue of whats going on with it??

He rock that I bought it on. It was fragged.

Here is my advice. Don't worry about it too much. I did the same thing when I got my first coral, it looked unhappy and I wanted to fix the problem. Sometimes trying the too hard to fix a problem can create others. Try to get your tank on a normal schedule (lighting, feeding, water changes...ect.). As long as your tank is cycled properly and your lighting/filteration is adequate, there isn't much you can do. Keep up with your water testing: pH ammonia nitrate and nitrite.

You may want to check your pH at night and early in the morning to see if you are getting a pH swing.

I would not add any more livestock until it starts to stretch out and looks comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom