Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

long tentacle anemone

Hello. We recently purchased a purple LTA, about 3 weeks ago. For the first couple weeks, it seemed to do well. It buried its foot in the crevice of a rock, and it ate well. A couple days ago, I came home to find it out of the rock and sideways, like it had been knocked over by the current. It ended up moving around a few times and now seems to be settled on another rock. I'm a little concerned because it seems a little more pale than before. Its foot is of normal color and I do not see tears. I saw it's mouth yesterday and it was closed, not saggy or open. It isn't deflated or anything. I've been feeding it once a week, but fed it again today, thinking maybe it isn't getting enough. It took the food well. My tank lighting is: t5, 50% actinic and 50% white, 54w bulbs. Is this enough lighting? How long do you recommend I leave the lighting on throughout the day? currently it is on a 12 hour cycle. Any suggestions? Thoughts? Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

How many bulbs on your tank? You said they were t5 54 watts, but didn't mention quantity. I also would slow down on the feeding. Although they appreciate a little every once in a while, they get most of their nutrition from the zooxanthellae inside of them. I've never fed mine since October.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #3

Sorry, there are 4 bulbs total.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan82
Sorry, there are 4 bulbs total.
What size tank (depth is the important factor)?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #5

75 gal, about 4 ft long and about 2 or 2 1/2 ft deep. And, the LTA doesn't seem to be traveling to find higher ground at all. I'm thinking, I accidentally let the water get too low. When i realized it, obviously I added more. But, maybe the shift was a bit much for it.

Tags
anemone, long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com