Lost my Midas Blenny last Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Midas Blenny was missing this morning and I found him on the sand bed.

I've read a lot of good experience with Midas blennies.

Of those that have them, or have had, what have you learned? Did I make a bad choice or just get a bad fish?

Just hid a lot, but i'm told that's normal. Was out and about several times yesterday, but stopped eating two days ago...

I think you just got a bad fish. Midas blennys are an excellent choice of fish. Maybe there was some imbalance in the tank? Ours is very social and active. He has been in the tank for a long time though and is used to everybody there. What else do you have in the tank? Maybe he was getting picked on.

I think it was a bad fish. I got a new one last Friday. This one is the life of the party. Funny thing, he came with a hippo tang and he follows him around like a puppy.

The one that passed was solitary and hid a lot. There were four clowns and a yellow tang. Unless it was nervous about the brittle star, the tang didn't really pay any attention and the clowns love everyone

One thing about midas blennies they seem to need smaller more often feedings than the rest of the fish I have kept. I feed mine twice a day, he comes up to eat from my fingers so it is just him and my wrasse that I am feeding not the whole tank. Mine is always front and center begging for food, when it is time for his frozen food he goes totally spastic.

Some fish are poisoned to be captured I know cyanide is suppose to be outlawed in most reefs but they might be using a different poison to capture fish. It may effect how the fish act and eat. I always feed a new fish a couple of times a day different foods until they get use of a tank and food.

Back
Top Bottom