Majestic sick??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a majestic in my qt tank right now and he is jerking when he swims. He is not flashing/scratching. He was doing some flashing a few days ago and I gave him a freshwater dip. After the dip he stopped. Im having trouble keeping my Nitrites in check in this tank. I change 2-3 gallons a day (its a 20gal), but I dont think this is the cause for the jerking movement. Any ideas TIA

Could be nitrite poisoning or a result of the FW dip. Are you using any meds? Is the angel swimming normally other than a jerking motion?

Best suggestion is do a much larger water change to keep the trites at a minimal level. 5+ gallons wouldn't hurt, just be sure the new SW is well aged/aerated for a day before use.

Cheers
Steve

He swims normal and is eating just about everything I put in there. The only med I used was methylene blue in fw dip

See what the water changes do then. Fish will recover from nitrite poisoning, just takes a bit of time. Be sure to post back if you see any changes good or bad...

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom