Marineangel help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sikander

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

please help me as my marine juvenile emperor angel is not eating at all ....and looks under stress ...........i had a hermit crab which is been killed by the picasso trigger it seems

currently my angel is not eating so what should i do

regards ,
sikander

Moved to the sick fish forum.

What are you feeding it? Have you tried soaking it in garlic? This link will give you some ideas on what to feed. If you should feed brine make sure it`s vitamin fortified. Also how about some water test results.

Couple questions for you .
How old is the tank ?
What size tank?
What are the tank mates? (include every fish, invert etc)
When did you get him , how long have you had him ?
What are the parameters ?
Is he housed with the Trigger? If so they will not be compatible as the trigger will be more aggressive , how big is the trigger ?
When introducing a new fish into a tank it is best to do so at night/lights out . It is also best to wait a couple days before trying to feed them this will give them time to adjust to their surroundings and to build an apatite ..
Garlic contains an ingredient that is called allicin this is believed to trigger the feeding of fish .. To start him off try mysis , or even brine as Mel said in Selcon this will add to the nutrition of the food(s),
Brine is a good food to get them to be "tempted" to eat but should not be the sole food .. Our fish when we got them we let them in to the tank after lights out and waited up to 4 days before feeding them .. I would offer 1 or 2 pellets to which they refused , so I tried mysis the did "ok" on that but took to the brine . After seeing that I waited a few more days to get them hungry and soaked the mysis in garlic that I crushed and volia they took to it , now they take pellets (pellets are their main foods) and mysis as a treat right before water change once every couple of months ..:D

Sikander
Sorry for the loss of your angel , those carry a difficult , advanced tag for most aquairists . They also tend to carry a poor survival rate if I remember correctly .. I am not real well versed on tangs but will do my best ..
I looked at your site but I saw nothing that indicated answers to my questions of size of your tank and the parameters . I did note that your SPG seems to swing a lot and quite a bit that needs to be stabilized at 1.024-1.025 .. What is the tank temp ?
I am going to go at this kind of what may seem harsh .. You have a mix of aggressive fish in a tank that looks no bigger than a 30 gallon cube .
The rock looks like it is not live rock either ? Was it dry when you put it in ? Did you put any rock that was called LR in ? There doesn't look to be any beneficial algae on the LR for the tang.
Ok now on to the rest , lets start this from beginning . Pick the 3 fish you want to keep IE The anthias , the tang and the occilaris clown fish . Those 3 should be fine together as they are all mostly peaceful fish you could add another anthias or even occ clown to mate up with the one you have, or even a few chromis to school ,the trigger ,tomato clown ,and any other aggressive fish need to go ...
The color of the tang looks normal as well .. Our LFS has one in their display that is that color ;)
Feeding the Tang you should use a seaweed / with a clip and place a small piece 2X2 in that clip if you can get him eating that . As for the clown and the anthias try getting 2 things one is called selcon and the other is called garlic extreme . You can use just regular garlic from your market too, just take one clove and a couple drops of your tanks water take a spoon and smooch the garlic place your food in it and soak it in the water/garlic for a few minutes then drop it in to the tank .. Mysis and pelleted foods are good choices and are fine to feed feed sparingly and only a couple times a week to prevent fouling of your water .You may also wish to add some more cured LR to your tank as well to boost some biological filtration .Other wise your set up looks clean and nice . :D

hi sadielyn ,
will answer your question one by one ....

spg = 1.018 to 1.020 is ohk for fish only aquarium without invertibrates as i have removed the hermit crab also
2. size of my tank = 42'' x 22'' x 36'' lbh
3. tank temp is aroung 28 to 30 varies
4. it is a 144 gallon tank 545 liters
5. not live rock as it is banned in india and have 7 yrs imprisonment

thanks for your good advice .i am planning for man made live rock ........wil get it shortly hi sadielyn ,

spg = 1.018 to 1.020 is ohk for fish only aquarium without invertibrates as i have removed the hermit crab also

thanks for your good advice .i am planning for man made live rock ........wil get it shortly

hi sadielyn ,

thanks for your good advice .i am planning for man made live rock ........wil get it shortly hi sadielyn ,

thanks for your good advice .i am planning for man made live rock ........wil get it shortly
Ah ok then by all means DO NOT use LR .. Are you able to order from the states or is that cost prohibitive ? If so Drsfostersmith.com has some nice pieces that are a resin that would give you more .. I am not particularly sure how you would seed that tho .. Try to get your temp down a bit that is is abit high try for 25-27 C and you can use a fan you will have to top off a bit more but it should not be that bad . You are correct your spg is fine for FOWLR :D (It looked like you had a sun coral in ther e ;) ) Hang in there you are getting it you will still want to look into removing some of the agressive fish or the peacful ones pick which you want more .. Then you can add a few more agressive or peacful fish depending on what you choose as you have a good size tank going there ...As for the tank perhaps you can take some tank water and sit it in the sun with a piece of resin rock or such to grow some algea on it that you can place in the tank for him ...

Back
Top Bottom