Maybe a dying candycane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
have you done any water tests? hows your PH is it stable? what about lighting? do you have any fish that are picking at it? does it look liek you can see pieces of skeleton?

Gti_Leo said:
have you done any water tests? hows your PH is it stable? what about lighting? do you have any fish that are picking at it? does it look liek you can see pieces of skeleton?

I've done water tests..
Ammo 0
Trite 0
Trate 3ish
My lighting is a Fishneedit 4bulb t5ho. 39watt bulbs 2 blue actinics2, 10k whites
No fish go near it and my ph is stable. I don't know how the skeleton looks but the pic is what I have. The base is a different color than the heads. I just got the coral last night at around 8. It is now 3:40

In the first picture, Is that alright? Why does it stop having the green color? Is it supposed to open up?

These corals build a calcium skeleton and then expose it as they build more. It's perfectly normal to have darkened skeleton at the base. If you see pure white skeleton, that's a different story.
At night they should show some tentacles, but otherwise, that's basically how they look.

Alright, thanks so much I'll check on it tonight. If It doesn't start getting its tentacles out in a week, I'll target feed it until it does.

try feeding a little just after the lights go out. Corals "smell" food in the water column. I don't know how, but they do.

Yep, He definitely knows what he's doing. And great, I got confirmation. I'm staying up right now to watch the tentacles feed :D only a few more hours lol.

Back
Top Bottom