Mushroom disc coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prinzessin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
over a week ago I bought 5 heads that were connected at the base of purple soft disc coral. I got it home nad it seemed to be a mix of purple and aqua green, and then over a few days it opened up, but didn't look as healthy as the kind in the tank it came out of, I just switched it from the 14 gallon biocube to the 29 gallon biocube, during the move it was out of the tank and in a bucket for over an hour along with live rock. Well it has been 2 days and its not opened all the way, its a bit more purple but still has alot of aqua green. I'm new at this, I believe I did everything right, I don't know why it is doing this? is it just in shock, will it get better? or is it dead?

Thank you

sometimes it takes a while for things to "open up". And there will be times when your corals will close for no reason. In my opinion they have attitudes. Also lighting and water conditions can affect color. After about 6 days and you see no movement or action what so ever after close monitering i think you might have a problem

I agree. What type of lighting is it under? Where is it in the tank?

I agree. What type of lighting is it under? Where is it in the tank?

Its on a live rock towards the middle of the tank, I have a 29 gallon oceanic biocube, two 34 watt coral life lights but am useing one at the moment, I have been useing both but was told it only needs medium light.

The mushroom may be ok, but honestly both PCs running would still put you in the low-med range. Should be fine for softies and some LPS. The mushroom will most likely adjust and be fine.

Back
Top Bottom