my eat wont eat!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iservicebox

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
someone help, i have a brazilian horned eel and he wont eat. I was told by my lfs that he would eat goldfish and he doesnt. does anyone know what he eats?

first i wouldnt recommend ever feeding any saltwater fish freshwater goldfish !! might want to get some silverside's and see if he will go after them !! also how long have you had him?? sometimes eel's can take a week or two before they will eat due to stress of moving/water conditions ect...

i have had him about a week. i have a smaller zebra eel and he ate the first day i put him in. Ill try the silversides, but is there anything else he would eat besides fish? also does anyone know anything about this eel. it was pretty stupid of me to buy him without knowing what he eats

tru tru always do research on every animal ya buy !! ya can try clams from the store !! have yet to find anything that wont eat clams :)

How are you feeding the eel? I would take one of Hara's suggestions, and spear onto a sharpened peice of airline tubing and put the airline tubing in front of the eel. Is the eel having to compete with the zebra fish for food. By manually putting the food down to the eel, he doesnt have to leave his hiding place, and he should feel more secure.

I have two eels as well, a snowflake and a banded, and they both eat cut-up thawed shrimp. I use a feeding stick and they both take it greedily.

Still no pics? Any one have a link to a pic for this particular eel? I am very curius to see what it looks like.

I would try frozen krill as well as what the others suggested. My SFE would not eat for about 2 weeks after I got him, now he's an eating fool. Will not eat silver sides but loves his Krill. I use a set of tongs they have a small needle nose type end, I have a feeding stick also but with the tongs I can get the smaller pieces to him.

Back
Top Bottom