My royal gramma basslet has something covering his eye...or it's gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

launch

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed that I haven't seen my royal gramma basslet in the last few days. When I fed the fish today i made sure to look for him. He came out of hiding and immediatly started swimming around and eating. But when he turned the other way I noticed something was wrong with his eye. It looked like a small circular disc was attached over his eye. The circular thing is just bigger than his entire eye and covered it completely (so i couldn't see his eye) and it was just about the same color as the fishes head. (purple).

I dont think his eye was missing, but I could be wrong. he's been in there for a while with the usual crew and no one has ever bothered him plus he has 300 lbs of rock to hide in so I dont think any of the other fish hurt him.

I tried searching online and couldn't come up with anything so I figured i'd ask you guys.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

ok, so i got home from work today and the rgb was actually out. I looked at him and his eye looked normal but his head looked a little beat up. I watched him for a little while and he seemed a little skiddish, but ok. then the six line swam up to him and he ran and hid, the six line wrasse chased him down and they started "yelling" and eachother. i guess maybe my sixline wrasse and royal gramma are fighting. isn't it a little weird that these two guys are fighting, especially b/c they're in a 220 w/ 250+lbs of lr.

i'll keep an eye on him and keep you guys posted.

thanks.

pics of the head.

img_963778_0_790f968819caf8a65a1684ba79c34fb0.jpg

img_963778_1_32c00a5a5cf020b2e99f54b95b453721.jpg

It wasnt something like an isopod coverying his eye. You can see what they are in this link.

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

no, it didn't look like an isopod.

Back
Top Bottom