My tang died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
:cry: I'm so upset. My yellow tang was one of the first fish I got. When I got him he was about the size of a teacup saucer 5" or so. He's not grown any in the last two years but he's always been healthy. Even when I had an outbreak of ich, he's the only one that wasn't affected. The last couple days he's been kinda slow and not eating as vigorously as he used to. He used to chase the glass scraper around when I cleaned the glass eating the scrapings. Well, this morning he wouldn't even look at his nori and this afternoon he died. I guess it's kinda silly to be upset over a fish but he's been with us longer than any and he was such a major part of the tank. His only tank mates are a coral beauty, two false percs and a lawnmower blenny in a 110gal tank. It's really empty in there now. Here is a pic I took this morning. I guess I'm posting cause I know there are people on here that will understand my loss.

I also recently lost my Yellow Tang, I am sorry for your loss. I hope it doensn't discourage you in the future!!!!

Good luck, Joshua...

Sorry to hear about your tang. It looked very healthy in the pic, good color and no spots. As aquarists we tend to want an answer or reason for everything. "It must have died because...water parameters, feeding, ich, infection, temp, SG, ph, blah, blah, blah." Sometimes things just die. We can do everything right and they still die. With all of the challenges this hobby presents, it is hard to keeep in mind that just maybe we did things right and it died anyways. Don't beat yourself up over it. Wait a couple of weeks and make sure every else is good and start shopping! good luck...Lando

Thanks nyghtone and lando. I'm not discouraged, just upset. I agree with you lando. There have been times where there shouldn't have been anything live in my tank but the tang made it. I don't think I've done anything wrong. He was just an awesome fish. That and he was the only one who really used the whole tank. The clowns stay by their open brain coral, the blenny stays in the back cleaning the glass and the coral beauty stays in the rockwork except at feeding time. The tank just seems REAL empty. I'm in no hurry to get a replacement fish.

i also recently lost a tang it had black spots on it and i have had it for 3 years it was my first to

sorry

no worries keep at it

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

Perhaps it was just his time huh?

Sorry for your loss, I"m sure he's in fishy heaven chillin' with my lost fish :wink:

Thanks everyone. Atari, perhaps it was his time. I'll never know. As long as everyone else is thriving. I've lost fish before. Quite a few really. This guy just was one that hung on through the worst of it. It just sucks. Thanks again. I knew you all would understand.

Back
Top Bottom