Ocellaris Clownfish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok i have had him in my main for almost 2 weeks, but the thing is he barley moves around he stays in one spot almost all day, he never really eats, the food practilly has to come near his mouth and then he will take it but this is ridiculas... he was fine before in the qt but now his very docile?
the other fish are
blue tang yellow tang
chromies
cleaner wrasses

there are no signs of anything wrong with him, he also donst have the concave belly, so it seems he is getting enough but i know clowns are aggressive eaters.

What kinda food u using? Try some myisis or brine soaked in Garlic Guard and Zoe to help stimulate him. May be kinda intimidated still by his new mates.

I agree with austinsdad, garlic works great and helps their immune systems, along with Zoe and Selcon. My clown would try to come up out of the water when he saw me come near the tank.

I always feed garlic soaked foods, but still no go, just the same takes some but really not that intrseted
these are the foods i offer
mysis
brine
krill - cut up small peices
Marine green - has so much stuff octipi etc etc
- I will keep trying though, he belly is not concaved in and he hasnt lost color so i assume he is getting enough food for himself, but i still am concerned cause i know they are insanse easters like my chromies.

always perfect
sg 1.024
amm 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
temp 26 deg celc

last night he did start to have more then he has been having started swiming for it so this is a good sign i will keep you posted

Back
Top Bottom